At crossroads of life, wondering what you should do next? All of us cross this phase of life where we wonder and worry about where life could take us next. In school, teachers and parents will help you decide on what to study and where to study. But, after a point of time in your life, your parents or teachers may not be able to help you make your career choices. At such a time, you can consult a life coach for career guidance.
Who needs career counseling?
- Any professional who wishes to climb up the career ladder
- College students who want to build a strong foundation for their career
- Experienced professionals who want to go higher or change the course of their career
If your work/study schedule and location keeps you from personally visiting a career counselor, you can consult an online life coach. You can chat online, call, or have video calls with the life coach from anywhere.
What are the factors that help determine your career?
When you go for career counseling, the life coach will ask you many questions regarding your interests, values, circumstances, and background. The coach will use your answer to gauge your personality, career goals, and abilities. The career counselor will recommend career goals based on their observations.
When should you go for career counseling?
It would be great if you can go for career counseling right before you start college. Then, you can choose a course of study that will help you meet your career goals. Most of us are unaware of career counseling at such an age. You can also go for career counseling just before you start working or when you are thinking of advancing your career.
What does a career counselor do?
An online life coach will not simply advise you on your next course of action. The counselor will
- Be a sounding board, helping you figure out your needs, preferences, and aspirations
- Help you figure out your professional goals
- Help you access information related to your career goals
- Resolve conflicts and help you make career decisions.